Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ketchikan

The sign pretty much speaks for itself.

This was the restaurant that hosted our Chef's Table excursion. The food was really wonderful! My favorite was their twist on the hot wing. Since they don't raise a lot of chickens in Alaska, they made a spicy shrimp and paired it with a bleu cheese dipping sauce. It's the shrimp on the left below. I can't remember how they prepared the other shrimp, I'm really going to have to get a notebook.

I wish I had some more of these right now!

These were the appetizers. The crabcake was fabulous!

This is our host for the lunch though sadly I can't remember his name. I hope I can remember to get that notebook. Someone remind me. He was a really nice guy. His father is a fisherman and has been all his life, he and his brothers would fish with him. His sister was engaged at the time and they were planning a huge party for her wedding and I got the impression it was going to be crazy fun and lousy with fish.

Here are some of the dogs from the Dogsled Summer Camp. They were a happy bunch of dogs. A bit stinky, but very happy.


Jim and sled.





I love this guy, look at that ensemble.

I do wish there had been time to catch the Lumberjack show. Hopefully there's a next time.

No comments: